The Best Air Quality Sensor For Arduino
We spent many hours on research to finding air quality sensor for arduino, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best air quality sensor for arduino, you should not miss this article. air quality sensor for arduino coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 9 air quality sensor for arduino by our suggestions
864 reviews analysed
1. HiLetgo® MQ-135 MQ135 Air Quality Sensor Hazardous Gas Detection Module For Arduino AVR
- Main chip: LM393,MQ-135 gas sensor
- With high sensitivity and good selectivity for air quality, harmful gas detection.
- With the DO switch signal (TTL) output and AO analog signal output
- Useing of high-quality double-panel design, with power instructions and TTL signal output instructions
- TTL output valid signal is low. (When the output low signal light, can be directly connected to the microcontroller or relay module)
MQ-135 sensor introduction:
The gas sensitive material used with the MQ135 gas sensor is tin dioxide (SnO2), which has a lower conductivity in clean air. When contaminated gas is present in the environment
where the sensor is located, the conductivity of the sensor increases as the concentration of contaminated gas in the air increases. A simple circuit converts the change in conductivity into an output signal that corresponds to the gas concentration.
The MQ135 sensor is highly sensitive to ammonia, sulphides and benzene vapors and is also ideal for smoke and other harmful monitoring. This sensor can detect a variety of harmful gases, is a low-cost sensor for a variety of applications.
It is suitable for the detection of harmful gases such as ammonia, aromatics, sulfides, benzene vapor, smoke and other harmful gas detection devices, gas sensor testing range of concentration: 10 to 1000ppm
Input voltage: DC5V Power consumption (current): 150mA
DO output: TTL digital quantities 0 and 1 (0.1 and 5V)
DO output: TTL digital quantities 0 and 1 (0.1 and 5V)
Dimension: 32 mm x 20 mm x 22mm
Reminded: After the sensor is powered on, you need to preheat about 20S, the measured data was stable, the sensor is a normal heating, because the internal electric wire, if the hot is not normal.
1. VCC: Positive power supply (5V)
2. GND: connect the negative power supply
3. DO: TTL switch signal output
4. AO: analog signal output
1*MQ-135 MQ135 Air Quality Sensor Hazardous Gas Detection Module
2. KEYESTUDIO CCS811 Carbon Dioxide CO2 VOCs Air Quality Gas Temperature Sensor Module for Arduino
- This sensor mainly uses the CCS811B chip. It is an ultra-low-power miniature digital gas sensor that can detect a wide range of volatile organic compounds (TVOCs), including equivalent carbon dioxide (eCO2) and metal oxide (MOX) levels.
- Equivalent carbon dioxide (eCO2) is measured in the range of 400 to 8192 ppm (parts per million), and various volatile organic compounds (TVOC) ranges from 0 to 1187 ppb (parts per billion).
- The sensor comes with a 10K precision 1% NTC thermistor, which can be used to test the specific temperature in the environment. It’s housed in a very compact package.
- This sensor module is compatible for the arduino microcontrollers as well as raspberry pi etc.
- How to use: Search for “keyestudio wiki KS0457” in Google Chrome to get the wiki online tutorial for this product.
Working voltage: DC 5V
Working current: 30mA
Maximum power: 46mW
eCO2 measurement range: 400-8192 ppm
TVOC measurement range: 0 to 1187 ppb
Working temperature: -25 ~ +65℃
Interface: 7pin (2.54mm pitch)
Positioning hole diameter: 3mm
Environmental attributes: ROHS
3. KOOKYE 16 in 1 Smart Home Sensor Modules Kit for Arduino Raspberry Pi DIY Professional
- SMART HOME LEARNING KIT–This kit combines the most common electronic components of smart home projects,developed specially for those beginners who are interested in Arduino and raspberry pi 3 DIY.
- THE PROFESSIONAL SMART HOME KIT–This has 16 sensors modules and delicately selected sensors to detect temperature, humidity, sound, light, infrared, motion, flame,vibration,digital touch, air pressure and many other commonly-used sensors modules.
- THE MOST COMPLETE SMART HOME KIT–This universal kit are compatible for Arduino UNO R3 / Mega2560 / Mega328 /Nano / Raspberry Pi 3, it could DIY 16 projects according to your need.
- HIGH QUALITY GUARANTEE–We eliminate many old-fashioned sensors which have low reliability and duplicate function as other sensor in the kit, the kookye modules sensor kits are choosed carefully for our user.
- DETAILED TUTORIAL ON OUR WEBSITE–Our website (http://kookye.com/?p=1573) provide step-by-step instruction, detailed circuit connection graph/video, verified sample code and library package which can save lot of user’s research time and speed up the learning progress.
4. seeed studio Grove – Air Quality Sensor v1.3
The sensor is designed for indoor air quality testing. The main gas detected is carbon monoxide, alcohol, acetone, thinner, formaldehyde and other slightly toxic gases. It is compatible with 5V and 3.3V power supply.
Low power consumption
Responsive to a wide scope of target gases
Compatible with 5V and 3.3V
Sensor: Winsen MP503
Power: 5V or 3.3V
5. KEYESTUDIO Pm2.5 Sensor Pm2.5 Air Particle Monitor for Arduino Mega 2560 Controller R3 Nano Micro Pro Mini Raspberry Pi
- Dust Sensor based on Sharp optics works well in detecting very delicate particle, like cigarette smoke, is a commonly used system of air purifier
- Contains IR LED and photoeletric transistor
- Arranging them with across corners can detect the reflected light of dust in the air
- It has a ultra-low power consumption(Max at 20mA, Typical at 11mA ), and can be equipped with sensors up to 7VDC
- How to use: search for “keyestudio wiki ks0196” in Google Chrome to get the wiki online tutorial for this product.
Power Voltage: 5-7V
Working Temperature: -10℃ to 65 ℃
Current Consumption:Max 20mA
Detecting Value of Minimum Particle: 0.8μm
Voltage of Cleaning Air: 0.9V(Typical)
Storage Temperature: -20℃~80℃
Service Life:5 Years
Dust Sensor x 1
ZH1.5MM6-pin wire x 1
6. DFROBOT Gravity: Laser PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor for Arduino
- PM2.5 laser dust sensor is a digital universal particle concentration sensor
- It can be used to obtain the number of suspended particulate matter in a unit volume of air within 0.3 to 10 microns, namely the concentration of particulate matter, and output with digital interface, also can output quality data of per particle
- The sensors can be embedded in a variety of concentrations of environment-related instruments suspended particulate matter in the air, to provide timely and accurate concentration data
- Any technical issues after purchase please contact with our tech-support team: tMore details please visit Product Wiki >
PM2.5 laser dust sensor is a digital universal particle concentration sensor，it can be used to obtain the number of suspended particulate matter in a unit volume of air within 0.3 to 10 microns, namely the concentration of particulate matter, and output with digital interface, also can output quality data of per particle. The sensors can be embedded in a variety of concentrations of environment-related instruments suspended particulate matter in the air, to provide timely and accurate concentration data.
Voltage: 4.95 ~ 5.05V
Maximum electric current: 120mA
Measuring pm diameter: 0.3~1.0/1.0~2.5/2.5~10 (um)
Measuring pm range: 0~1000 ug/m3
Standby Current: ≤200 uA
Response time: ≤10 s
Operating temperature range: -20 ~ 50C
Operating humidity range: 0 ~ 99% RH
Maximum size: 46 * 35 * 20mm (1.82 x 1.38 x 0.79 inches)
MTBF: > = 5 years
PM2.5 laser dust sensor x1
PM2.5 sensor adapter x1
Sensor adapter cable x1
7. Eiechip9PCS/Lot Gas Detection Sensor Module MQ-2 MQ-3 MQ-4 MQ-5 MQ-6 MQ-7 MQ-8 MQ-9 MQ-135 Sensor Module Gas Sensor Starter Kit
- Gas Detection Sensor Module
- Quick response and recovery characteristics
- The dual signal output (analog output and TTL output)
- The analog output and increased with the increase of concentration, the higher the concentration higher voltage
- Has a very high sensitivity to sulfide, benzene vapor, smoke and other harmful gases
Choosing Eiechip Feels Fantacy !!!
1.With signal output indicator light.
2.Size: 32mm X22mm X30mm length * width * height;
3.The main chip: LM393, MQ-x gas sensing probe;
4.Working voltage: DC 5V;
5.With signal output indicator light;
6.The dual signal output (analog output and TTL output);
7.The analog output and increased with the increase of concentration, the higher the concentration higher voltage;
8.Has a very high sensitivity to sulfide, benzene vapor, smoke and other harmful gases;
9.With a long service life and reliable stability;
10.Quick response and recovery characteristics;
11.With mounting holes, easy mounting;
12.The probe can be plug design, convenient test
For harmful gas family, environment detection device, is suitable for the detection of the ammonia, aromatic compounds, sulfide, benzene vapor, smoke and other harmful gas, gas sensitive element concentration range: 10 to 1000ppm provides reference cases.
MQ-2 MQ-3 MQ-4 MQ-5 MQ-6 MQ-7 MQ-8 MQ-9 MQ-135 each one.
8. Waveshare Dust Sensor Detector Module with Sharp GP2Y1010AU0F Onboard for Measuring PM2.5 Air Purifier Air Conditioner Monitor
- Sharp GP2Y1010AU0F onboard, detecting fine particle larger than 0.8μm in diameter, even like the cigarette smoke
- Low power consumption, analog voltage output, the output level is linear with dust density
- Embedded voltage boost circuit to support wide range of power supply
- Sensitivity : 0.5V/(100μg/m3) Measurement range : 500μg/m3 Power : 2.5V~5.5V Operating current : 20mA(max) Operating temperature : -10℃~65℃
- Storage temperature : -20℃~80℃ Life time : 5 years Dimension : 63.2mm×41.3mm×21.1mm Mounting holes size : 2.0mm Air hole size : 9.0mm
Sharp GP2Y1010AU0F onboard, detecting fine particle larger than 0.8μm in diameter, even like the cigarette smoke Low power consumption, analog voltage output, the output level is linear with dust density Embedded voltage boost circuit to support wide range of power supply
Sensitivity : 0.5V/(100μg/m3)
Measurement range : 500μg/m3
Power : 2.5V~5.5V
Operating current : 20mA(max)
Operating temperature : -10℃~65℃
Storage temperature : -20℃~80℃
Life time : 5 years
Dimension : 63.2mm×41.3mm×21.1mm
Mounting holes size : 2.0mm
Air hole size : 9.0mm
How to Use
In the case of working with a MCU:
VCC ↔ 2.5V ~ 5.0V
GND ↔ GND
AOUT ↔ MCU.IO (analog output)
ILED ↔ MCU.IO (module driving pin)
Wiki : www.waveshare.com/wiki/Dust_Sensor
9. 2.8" Digital Car PM2.5 Air Quality Detector Tester Meter AQI Home Gas Monitor
- Acrylic clear case shell, high transmittance to be looked through
- 2.8″ TFT screen, colorization display, wide angle vision up to 180°
- High sensitivity sensor ensures the high accuracy in data collections
- Semi-closing design performs excellent in heat radiation, long-life use
- Multipurpose in air quality detection in PM1.0, PM2.5, PM10.0, AQI, temperature&humidity, suspended particulate matter
Material: Acrylic Case + Electronic Components
Size: Approx. 8.5×6.5×3.7cm/ 3.35×2.56×1.46″
Processor: For ARM 32 Bit Chips
Font color: Multi Colors
Screen: 2.8″ TFT
Resolution Ratio: 320×240
Power Supply: DC 5V
Operation Current: 1-2A
Temperature Measure Range: -20 to 60 ℃
Accuracy: ±0.1 ℃
Language Version: English
Semi-closing design performs excellent in heat radiation, long-life use
Multipurpose in air quality detection in PM1.0, PM2.5, PM10.0, AQI, temperature&humidity, suspended particulate matter
Real-time detection results will be shown on screen in corresponding colors related to collected datas
Lightweight, easy to use and be a straightaway in data interpretation
Power supply in DC 5V universal, usb socket, car charger, power bank, etc
Suitable for home/office and car or part scope on air quality detection
Please allow 1-3cm (0.4-1.18″) difference due to manual measurement and slight color variation for different display setting
Due to the difference between different monitors, the picture may not reflect the actual color of the item
1PC x PM2.5 Tester
NO Retail Box. Packed Safely in Bubble Bag.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Air Quality Sensor For Arduino for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!